Good bye June, hello July. June has been a wonderful month here in London for many reasons; the weather has got warmer and it hasn’t rained too much, I took part in Fully Raw Kristina’s Love My Body Challenge and the Summer holidays are nearer everyday. Summer is in the air and here are some of the things that I have been loving this month.
1. Champney’s Luxury Dry Body Brush, £10 from Boots. I used this once to twice a day before I shower to improve blood circulation and reduce cellulite. I really love using this when I am feeling a bit tired in the morning, by brush in upward strokes from my toes to my neck, it is better than coffee to help me wake up.
2. Garnier Summer Body £3.89 for 400ml at Boots. This has been a all year round essential of mine ever since I discovered it a few years ago. I am not a fan of self tanners for many reasons including the smell and the fear of looking like an umpalumpa, however this is a tinted moisturiser that builds a natural colour with use over time. If you are fair like me the Light Sun Kissed is enough to get a subtle colour. I also keep a bottle of the Deep Sun Kissed at hand too, if I ever want colour quick I apply this before bed and the next morning I will have a natural glow; perfect for when you want to et your legs out.
3. Mac Lip Pencil in Cherry £12.50 at Selfridges. I have never used lip pencils until I tried this beautiful cherry red pencil while browsing the Mac counter at Selfridges recently. I loved the extra precision it gave to my lipstick application and the retro look of the red. I have been loving using this with my Rimmel Apocalips in Bang Bang.
4. Mac Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo £15.50 and Selfridges. I bought this to go along with my cherry lip pencil. I already had Relentlessly Red from the Retro Matte collection but I think Ruby Woo is a much deeper, classic red while Relentlessly Red in more of a bright almost neon red.
6. Chanel Coco Noir £75 for 50ml at Boots. I bought this scent 2 years ago now and go through phases of wearing it. I love Coco Mademoiselle and this is a much deeper, muskier fragrance. I normally save it for colder months as it quite a warm scent, however I have been loving its musky under notes this June.
7. Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara £19.44 from QVC. I got this mascara in my BeautyCon London Haul and I absolutely love it. It provides great length and volume and is perfect for everyday wear.
8. Ted Baker Pink Heals (similar here). I love the combination of the pink and gold in these heels, especially the gold sole. These have been my favourite shoes for SS15.
9. Elegant Touch Express Manicure £6.59 online. Another from my BeautyCon London, recently wore these in Waikiki Beach and love them, the glue is the best I’ve ever used. They didn’t budge, in the end I had to soak them off like a gel manicure.
10. Sunglasses this pair is from Camden market but I am in love with sunglasses at the moment. I would really love something from the Quay Australia range.
11. No7 Shimmer Palette in Rose £13.50 from Boots. I have been looking for a good highlighter since before Christmas and I finally found it with this one. I love the rose gold combination, it doubles as blush and has a really natural glow.