Body Reboot Part 4
I have been really loving this soup since I got back to London, I find its the perfect pre-dinner snack for these not-so-summery evenings. Since it’s been a while since I shared a recipe, here is my Vegan Cream of Potato soup!
- 4 baby potatoes
- 1 punnet of chestnut mushrooms
- Half a red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- Black peppercorns
- To start boil the baby potatoes for 25 minutes with a pinch of salt and a table spoon of black peppercorns. When they’re ready be sure to not drain the water, you’ll need this later.
- In a pan fry the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Chop and add the baby potatoes, lightly fry until they become slightly browned on the outside.
- Tip the pan fried vegetables into a blender, add the water from the boiled potatoes (including the peppercorns) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pot and heat to a desirable temperature, or pour into a container and save for later. You can also freeze this soup in portion sizes which you can thaw out when needed.