Blogger Recognition Award
Thank you to Manikui for nominating me for my second bloggers award this month. I normally don’t post twice in one day but since it’s the last day of Summer taking advantage of the free time to work on my blog while it lasts!
Blogger Recognition’ Award Rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
3. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created
- The Flexi Foodie
- It’s Finally Lunch
- A Spoonful of Nature
- Sugar Smile
- Freelance Wanderer
- With All My Affection
- Sustainable Daisy
- Kate Bo
- Blue Eyed Kitchen Cat
- Rivers et Roses
A Little about LaBella…
I started LaBella in January of this year as part of my New Year’s resolutions 2015. I was getting bogged down by my job and no longer made time for my hobbies and passions; so the idea was that I was start a blog and force myself to post once a week and therefore force myself to have a life outside of my job. When I first started I was a bit nervous about what people would think of LaBella, and whether they would judge me for using my spare time to blog?! However, now that doesn’t bother me because I love blogging; I love wandering around London with my camera or baking and cooking new things and then sharing them on here. I don’t know where this will go, but I do know that blogging has made me see life in a new light and made me realise how passionate I am about doing something creative; no one should waste their life doing a job that makes them unhappy.
Considering that I am a new blogger myself, my advice is limited, but I will share what I have.
- First thing I would say is made a schedule for your blog is so important, when people click on to your blog or follow you they will know that you post regularly. I post every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday; how often you post and which days is up to you, but try to start with one day a week and build from there.
- If you are studying or working full time like myself, use the wordpress scheduling tool to pre-schedule your posts; I normally create content on Saturday and then work on editing on Sunday so that the next weeks post are all scheduled before I go to work on Monday morning.
- This also come in handy if you are going to be away or travelling, before I went to Italy this Summer I pre-scheduled blog post for three weeks so that I wouldn’t have to worry about editing and posting while I was away and I could spend my time exploring and creating content.
- It’s really important to blog about things that you are interested in, try not to pigeon hole yourself into blogging only about one specific thing as what inspires you may change depending on your mood, influences and surroundings. When I started LaBella I planned to do mostly DIY and crafts, but I actually found that lifestyle, food, health and travel are the areas I love blogging about the most.
- Read other blogs, books or magazines to get inspiration for content and editing ideas.
- Try to stick to a minimalistic theme and don’t over clutter your home page, side bar or navigation bar. It’s important when people click onto your page that it looks clean, well laid out and is easy to navigate.
- Finally, make your blog something that you would want to read, not a carbon copy of a blog that you like. While it is good to take inspiration from others, make your blog your own and something that you love to look at!