Sunday Dinner- Vegetarian Lasagne (+Vegan Option)
- 1 large butternut squash
- 200ml tinned coconut milk
- 1 jar of passata
- 1 punnet of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 medium aubergine
- half a red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese (omit this for vegan option)
- Peel, pit and chop the butternut squash into cubes. Put on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook in a pre-heated oven at 200’C for 20mins.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, prepare the tomato sauce. Cube the aubergine and cook in a frying pan with olive oil, 2 cloves garlic and salt and pepper, add the diced onion and sliced mushrooms. When all the veg are cooked add the passata; stir until the sauce is smooth and bubbling.
- Pre-boil the lasagne sheets in boiling water with a drop of olive oil to stop them sticking.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and add to a blender with the coconut milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Line a deed baking dish with tin foil and begin to layer up the lasagne; a layer of tomato sauce, pasta, butternut squash sauce, pasta, repeat and finish with a layer of the butternut squash. If you want, add some thinly sliced or grated cheese to the top.
- Bake in an oven at 180’C for 20 minutes until golden brown on top. Serve and enjoy!