Cold and flu season has arrived and I have the perfect recipe to help build up your energy when you or a loved one is feeling under the weather. This simple soup is packed with good ingredients, full of vitamins and protein to help you build yourself back up; and best part, its vegan too!
- 4 cups of garden peas
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- mint (optional)
- Boil the peas for 10 minutes. In a pan, stir fry the cannellini beans in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the water from the peas and add them to the pan, lightly sauté.
- Add the beans and peas to a blender. Fill with water to the 1litre mark on the blender jug; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into a pot, and heat lightly until it begins to simmer. Add a few sprigs of mint to taste.