I know I’ve posted many soup recipes lately, but I really think that soup is one of the best, most comforting meals you can eat as the Autumn leaves begin to fall (que Paulo Nutini Autumn Leaves). This soup is warm and comforting, with a dash of spice; it’s the perfect supper after a rainy days and will warm you from your head to your toes. A heart-warming soup, perfect served with a blanket and a cuddle on the couch.
- 5-6 baby potatoes
- 1 punnet of baby plum tomatoes
- half a red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- basil leaves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by pre-boiling the potatoes in water seasoned with salt and pepper. While the potatoes are boiling, slice up the tomatoes and begin to sauté in olive oil with the garlic.
- Dice the onion and add into the pan. When the potatoes are boiled scoop them out of the water (save the water) and cut them into cubes; add them to the pan and stir-fry until golden and crispy.
- Add the sautéd vegetables to a blender, along with 5-10 basil leaves and the water from the potatoes (fill to about the 1 litre mark).
- Blend up the soup until smooth and creamy. Pour back into a saucepan, add one teaspoon harissa and stir as you heat it back up.