Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Sugar and spice and everything nice, and the nicest part about these muffins are they healthy, vegan and delicious! I’ve been trying to create a good vegan muffin recipe for a while and after a few failed attempts, I was so excited when I took my first bite of these successes! Just in time for Fall, these Apple Cinnamon muffins will leave your kitchen smelling amazing and fill that gap in your sweet tooth.
- 2 cups brown flour (for gluten free option use brown rice flour instead)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup soy/almond milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 diced apple (coated in 1tsp of cinnamon)
- Chop up the apple into small cubes. Toss in a bowl with a teaspoon of cinnamon until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- In a large bowl add in the flour, banana, agave nectar, milk, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix thoroughly before adding the apple.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture into a muffin tin (either grease with coconut oil or live with bun cases first). The mixture should be enough for 12 muffins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200’C for approx. 43 minutes. Leave to cool before removing from the muffin tin and enjoying!