5 things I want to do before 2016!
Can you believe there is just over 2 months left in 2015? There was so many things I wanted to achieve by the end of this year, I when I look over the list of resolutions I wrote back in January I have to say I haven’t done too bad this year. However there a few things on my to-do list that I really want to do before I say good-bye to 2015, and it’s not to soon to make that to-do list as November and December are always busy months that will fly by. So here we go..
1. See the lights switched-on on Oxford Street.
Every year since I have moved to London I have wanted to be on Oxford Street the night the Christmas lights are switched on, and every year I have missed out. So this year I have been waiting anxiously for the switch-on to be announced so I can mark it into my diary. This year those sparkly baubles will be switched-on on Sunday 1st November, and for the first time ever, part of Oxford street will be closed for the events! This is number one on my to-do list for a reason, I will be there no matter what the weather!
2. Read Life & Death by Stephenie Meyer.
When I found out that Stephenie Meyer was releasing new bonus material for the tenth anniversary of Twilight I was really excited. I’m not a big reader but this series really got me into fantasy novels in my last years of school, and books in general. I even read Pride and Prejudice simply because Twilight was apparently based loosely around the same themes of this classic. I can’t wait to get my teeth into Life and Death, a re-imagined version of Twilight were the genders of the characters are swapped.
3. Visit the Om Yoga Show London.
I’m really looking forward to this event, and have been since I found out it was happening about a month ago. There is a great list of sponsors as well as loads of events over the three days and the tickets are really reasonably priced. The hardest part will be deciding which day to go!
4. Go for Afternoon Tea..with a twist.
I’ve wanted to visit Sketch for a while now, it looks so quirky and artistic, plus the tea room is pink! Aside from Sketch, I recently found out that London has a cat café, Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium. Captain would probably get a bit jealous if he smelt of cats of me when I got home, but this place looks like a cat lovers dream come true!
5. Sail the Thames!
This may seem like a bit of a strange one but I still haven’t been on the Clipper or an boat ride down the Thames. I feel like I am missing out because the Thames is such a huge feature of London which I have over looked for the last two years. Before the year ends I will make it my business to sail on the Thames!
A few other things that I would like to do before the year is out:
- Visit Westfield London (to compare with my shopping home that is Westfield Stratford).
- Get a massage.
- Visit Harrods during the Christmas period (am I too old to visit Santa?).
- Drink a hot chocolate under the Christmas tree in Trafalgar square.
- Buy a Christmas tree (I didn’t have one last year!).
- Have lunch in Chelsea, in hope of spotting someone from MIC!
- Buy something from Urban Outfitters (I still have never step inside the door of an UO shop).
- Make a vegan PSL.
- Get my eyebrows shaped..this one should be ASAP.
- Watch I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, in usual end of year tradition!