#YESVEMBER Day 8: Ten things about me!
It’s week two of #YESVEMBER and I thought it would be a fun way to start off the week by letting you know a little more about me. I realised that I don’t have an ‘about’ page on my blog and so my followers probably don’t know much about me.
- What can you not leave the house without? My phone, my keys (although I have managed on separate occasions to leave the house without both), tissues and credit card.
- First thing you do in the morning: Make a strong cup of coffee and feed my cat, Captain.
- Last thing you do before bed: Shower and brush my teeth!
- Where in the world do you currently live? I currently live in London, but an interesting fact about me is that I lived at home full time until I was 21 and moving to London was my first experience of living away from home…that’s what you call a ‘baptism of fire’.
- Fondest childhood memory: I have a lot of great memories from my childhood, so it’s hard to choose. If I had to pick I’d say it was the first time my parents took my sisters and I to Disneyland Paris, it was a truly magical gift. To be honest I appreciate everything my parents did for me when I was younger, they gave me so many wonderful memories and an amazing childhood.
- What were you like in school? Introverted. I feel I was misunderstood by my peers when I was younger and I felt alone during most of my time in education. From an academic point of view I was pretty good in school.
- Do you have any phobias? I wouldn’t say I have any phobias of such, the things that I fear are more circumstantial than physical. Don’t get my wrong, I’m not fan of big spiders in the bath but the things that scare me the most are social situations and change. I get really anxious in social situations where I don’t know my place, I find it really hard to talk to new people and can get a little panicked when I’m surrounded by a lot of unfamiliar people, for example in an over crowded night club. I also hate change, and I sometimes get anxious when I feel I’m not in control of changes happening in my life and around me.
- Where is your favourite place in the world to visit? Living in London is great because there are so many great places on my door step; one of my favourite places to go is Camden. Hard to say where my favourite place in the whole world is though… I love any where in Italy!
- What are your favourite things to do in your free time? Blogging, reading Vogue, shopping, taking photographs, eating, watching TV with my boyfriend, drinking tea and cuddling with Captain, even when he doesn’t want to.
- What are your life goals for the next 12 months? I would love to expand my blog and generate more interest as at the moment this is what I am most passionate about in my life. In an ideal world, I would love to go back to university/college and study something different to what I did the first time around.