Vegan Banana & Walnut Bread.
Throughout January my go-to breakfast and lunch snack has been my vegan muffins, and this delicious twist on banana bread; I don’t have a lot of time in the mornings or afternoons to eat big meals so I like to eat something that is fast but that I know is full of goodness. Bananas are one of the best food for slow releasing energy, that’s why I use them as a base for most of my baking (and in the Summer, my smoothies); this loaf has the added bonus of being packed with fibre so it will help keep your digestion healthy through the end of this Winter, insuring you Spring into Spring!
- 1 cup plain four
- 1/2 cup wholemeal/brown flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Add the flour, oats, bread soda, chia seeds and chopped walnuts to a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Use a high powered blender to blend the bananas and agave nectar into a liquid. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Slightly grease two loaf tins with coconut oil and share the mixture between the two.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180’C for 30 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out dry. Allow to cool slightly in the tins and then turn out onto a wire-rack to completely cool.
This bread taste great as it is or with a spoon of peanut butter spread on top!