Double Chocolate (Vegan) Cookie Recipe
Sweet Freedom recently got in contact with me on Twitter and sent me out some samples of their vegan syrups to create some recipes with; the minute I smelt their ChocShot, it reminded me of luscious chocolate cake or loaded chocolate cookies, I couldn’t believe that it is vegan and natural. I’ve been playing around with ChocShot in my kitchen for a few weeks now and came up with this chocolate lovers recipe; double chocolate vegan cookies, they soft and fudgy, and ooey-gooey good!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 4 dates finely chopped (add more if you desire more fudginess to your cookies)
- 2 small bars of vegan chocolate roughly chopped (here‘s what I used)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- 2-3 tbsp ChocShot (add more or less depending on how chocolatey you desire your cookies)
- 2 tsp coffee
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Add the oats, dates and chocolate and mix to even distribute the chips and chunks through the flour.
- In a blender of food processor, blend the bananas to a liquid. Add the syrup, ChocShot and coffee and blend again. Add the mixture to the bowl and mix until all the flour has been folded into the mixture, be sure to scoop right down to the bottom of the bowl as you stir to make sure you have no pockets of flour.
- Use two tablespoons (or an ice-cream scoop works well also) to spoon the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper; you can make your cookies large or small depending on your preference. Bake in a preheated oven at 180’c for 15-20 mins. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before moving them.