Healthy Blueberry Banana Pancakes Recipe
Mornings are tough, especially Monday mornings! So, why not make your morning a bit more exciting with these blueberry banana pancakes?
This recipe is super simple, and a healthy alternative to buttery pancakes but just as tasty and really filling. They are the perfect kick-start to any day.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- coconut oil
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Use a hand whisk on a low speed setting to mash the banana into a puree.
- Add in the eggs and beat until light and frothy. Finally add in the flour and whisk the mixture together until smooth. Mix the blueberries, as many as you desire, through the batter.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan. Add enough batter for one pancake (I used a soup ladle to measure the amount of batter per pancake) and cook until the top is nearly dry, then flip to brown the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used, then serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, a cup of coffee and a glass of fresh orange juice!