Ooey-Gooey Coco Brownies Recipe | V & GF
Eating healthy and maintaining a balanced diet is not about depriving yourself of sweet treats and foods you love, there is a healthy, plantbased alternative to pretty much everything and knowing that you’re dessert is healthy makes it so much more satisfying to eat. This weekend why not satisfy your sweet tooth with these chocolate-coconut brownies; dairy free and sweetened naturally, they are such a treat, especially heated up with a drizzle of Choc Shot!
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/fruit syrup/agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Choc Shot
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- In a high-powered blender, blend up the dates and coconut milk until the dates have been broken down to fine pieces.
- In large bowl mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, cacao powder, and desiccated coconut. Make a ‘well’ in the center and pour in the coconut and date mixture along with the maple syrup, vanilla and Choc Shot, mix everything together until well combine.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking tin lined with baking paper. Drizzle some extra Choc Shot across the top and then bake in a preheated over at 180’C for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into small squares and serving warm with a drizzle of Choc Shot, a sprinkle of coconut, some nuts and maybe even a little bit of banana nice-cream.