Peanut Butter Flapjacks Recipe (V & GF)
I love something sweet to snack on with a cup of coffee, and there is something so comforting about snuggling up under a blanket with a warm cup of tea and a handful of biscuit to nibble on. I love a good biscuit, something that is crunchy and holds together when dunked and dipped in various hot drinks; these flapjacks have taken me a few goes to perfect, they have a lovely snap to them and are great for sharing. There are many variations of flapjacks, some can by more soft and chewy but these are sweet and crumbly so enjoy…
- 1 cup of crunchy organic peanut butter (avoid peanut butter that have added sugars or sweeteners)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
(OR substitute the maple syrup and agave nectar for 1 cup of coconut sugar)
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- In a small pan heat the peanut butter and the syrups (or coconut sugar), on a low heat until they melt together into a smooth mixture.
- Add the oats and mix through using a wooden spoon. Turn the mixture into a brownie tin lined with baking paper and use the back of a metal spoon to spread out and flatten. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully in the tin, before lifting out the paper and cutting into rectangle or triangle shapes.
- Make a hot beverage, curl up under a blanket and enjoy!
Buy Niomi Smart’s Eat Smart now for loads of healthy food inspiration, including her own flapjack recipes!